Diversified Real Estate Investment & Development Company
EMERGIA’s portfolio includes retail, multi-residential, office and industrial buildings as well as land for future development. EMERGIA’s corporate structure and business model have been designed to capitalize on the many advantages the mixed-use segment offers including, the creation of synergies between the different real estate asset types, value creation opportunities at all stages of the value chain, and a diversification effect that reduces portfolio volatility and increases resilience to economic downturns.
EMERGIA is positioned to be agile and opportunistic in different property types including acquisitions of portfolios of revenue generating assets, optimization of existing revenue generating assets that need to be repositioned or redeveloped, development from land up, creating high value add in these assets.
The combination of stabilized revenues and returns to investors as well as higher yields from its development activities provides an important element of differentiation for EMERGIA when compared to other existing public real estate investment vehicles. The stabilized revenue generating properties ensure liquidities for operations of the Company as well as capital to invest in additional properties and to, eventually, allow distribution of dividends to shareholders.
EMERGIA’s real estate investment strategy is focused on 3 core principals:
Invest in revenue generating properties that provide cash flow and long-term income.
Invest in properties where value-add strategies will result in improved net operating income and portfolio value.
Invest in full-scale development opportunities that produce higher portfolio returns resulting from the added value created by the development and revenues generated by the developed assets.
Revenue Generating Properties
Stabilized income-producing properties with high occupancy rates held in the portfolio for long-term revenue generation.
- Performing properties in established markets
- Allows rapid achievement of critical mass in a specific market
- Equilibrates the portfolio with high profile tenants and long-term leases
- Enables access to large and strategic sites with potential to out-parcel for development projects
Development and Optimization Properties
Optimization Properties: Properties with a high potential for short to medium term value creation through segment re-focusing, densification, retrofitting or re-zoning opportunities.
Development Properties: Properties held for development based on modular design and build programs to mitigate risk and capture value increases.
- Redevelopment of underperforming assets
- Driving values and IRR by repositioning existing properties and increasing sites densification
- Development of strategic asset classes ensuring a higher cost control and construction management efficiencies and value creation
- Partial sale of peripheral or non core assets to focus on high yielding development projects
THREE MAIN DIVISIONS
The Delma Group’s business operates through three main divisions; Real Estate, Hospitality, and Management Services.